"Spirit of New Zealand" - Image by Mike Brebner
The Zonta Club of Mangawhai is delighted to offer our 2nd Annual Award for young women in the area in the form of a 10 Day Youth Development Voyage on the Spirit of Adventure.
Criteria for application are as follows:
- is a young woman from 15-18 years of age
- Is a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand
- Is a resident of Mangawhai, Tomorata, Wellsford, Kaiwaka, Maungaturoto or Waipu area
- has shown leadership potential or would like to develop leadership skills
- meets the medical criteria of the Spirit of Adventure Trust
- must be able to swim 100 metres unaided
- will report back to the Zonta Club of Mangawhai after the voyage
to include letter from applicant outlining reasons for application
e.g. involvement in community activities or associations? How does the voyage fit into your personal goals and how do you think this experience will help you achieve them?
How you will share your voyage experiences with your school or local community.
- Application to include 2 referees (not a family member)
|The Zonta Club of Mangawhai held another successful Trivial
Pursuits evening on June 28th to raise funds for their Annual
Spirit of Adventure Award. The Club would like to thank all those who
attended, those who sponsored prizes and the Rotary Club of Browns Bay
for convening the quiz.
First prize winners were ‘Gilligan’s Island’ (right)
with runners up ‘Causeway Crew’
and best dressed award went to ‘The Naughty Lusts’ for the second year in a row
Applications are now open for the 2012 award (see above).
Last year the successsful applicant of this award was Leila Stephens, a Year 13 student at Otamatea High School.